Ephesus Tour from Istanbul 3 – (3 days, by Plane)
The Ruins of Ephesus – The House of Mary – Temple of Artemis – Hierapolis – Pamukkale
DAY 1 – Flight to Izmir, Ephesus tour
DAY 2 – Hierapolis and Pamukkale tour
DAY 3 – Free day in Kusadasi, Flight back to Istanbul
Prices for Istanbul airport – hotel
- Please contact us for a quotation as a variation of prices are offered by the hotels & airline companies for different periods of the year.
Departure & ending points
- Departure and ending places of this itinerary can be customized other than Istanbul upon request!
- Child discount (except flight tickets)
0-6 age: Free
6-12 age: %50 discount
- Every day, any time departure.
- Professional licensed Ephesus tour guide in preferred language (such as English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German and our tour guides are licensed by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism).
- Admission fees to the museums as mentioned in the itinerary. No waiting in lines for tickets, your private guide will arrange everything for you.
- 2 night 4 star hotel accommodation including breakfast at the hotel (2 night in Kusadasi).
- Tour itinerary includes 2 breakfast, 2 lunch and 2 dinner.
- Pick-up from hotel, port, airport and drop off services.
- Domestic flight tickets (Istanbul to Izmir and Izmir to Istanbul).
- Private transportation by fully air-conditioned, nonsmoking vehicles such as Mercedes Vito, Sprinter & Bus.
- Local taxes and service fees.
- No hidden or extra cost.
- Any drink.
- Tips to the guide and driver.
- Ephesus Museum: This small museum in Selcuk boasts an incredible collection of Hellenistic and Roman statues, carved reliefs and artifacts unearthed from the ruins of Ephesus. The famous statue of Artemis (goddess of fertility) is housed there.
- Ephesus Terrace Houses: are located on the slopes of Bulbul Mountain, opposite the Hadrian Temple. Also called as “the houses of rich”, these houses were for the important and wealthy people of Ephesus, as only rich people could afford such houses.
- Basilica of St. John: Built by the Emperor Justinian over the tomb of St. John the Apostle, the Basilica, now in ruins, once rivaled St. Sophia in size. See the remaining graceful columns and mosaics of the Basilica as you take in the panorama of the rural Selcuk countryside and the ruins of the Temple of Artemis.
- The drive from Izmir airport to Ephesus takes approximately 45 minutes.
- Vehicles are non-smoking, air-conditioned and are provided with drivers and professional licensed tour guides in preferred language. Drivers language skills vary; they can not act as guides.
- Ephesus requires walking long distances over uneven surfaces; to enter the Basilica of St. John involves some walking at an uphill gradient and a few stairs.
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothing, a hat, sun glasses, and sunscreen are recommended.
- You will enter the Ephesus ruins from the upper gate ( Magnesia Gate ) and left the Ephesus from the lower gate which means you do not have to walk back.
We provide both Ephesus and Istanbul tours to our guests. It is easy to add an Istanbul tour to your Ephesus tour booking. Whether traveling on a cruise ship which is scheduled to embark to both Kusadasi port and Istanbul port or traveling alone, there are definitely benefits to you. Such as:
- Special price discount
- You get all the necessary information and electronic tickets from one place
- All necessary scheduling, bookings (airline tickets..) done by us
DAY 1 - Flight to Izmir, Ephesus tour
You will be picked-up from your hotel and transferred to Istanbul International Airport for an early flight to Izmir. Upon your arrival to Izmir after an houru0027s flight, we will depart for Ephesus, the premiere Greco-Roman City of the ancient world. We will explore the Temple of Hadrian, the famous Celsus Library, the Great Theater and other Roman sites. We will also visit the House of the Virgin Mary where she is believed to have spent her last years. Then we will visit the Temple of Artemis, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. After the tour, we will transfer you to hotel in Kusadasi. Overnight stay in Kusadasi.
DAY 2 - Hierapolis and Pamukkale tour
After having breakfast at the hotel, we will journey inland to Pamukkale to enjoy the spas, pools, and terraces of this natural wonder, called the u0022Cotton Castleu0022. This name is truly fitting, the brilliant white calcified terraces do truly resemble a castle made of cotton. We will also spend time in Hieropolis, with one of the largest and most diverse necropolis in the world. After the tour, we will return to your hotel in Kusadasi for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 3 - Free day in Kusadasi, Flight back to Istanbul
Free day at leisure to explore Kusadasi on your own. In the late afternoon, you will be transferred to Izmir Airport for your flight back to Istanbul. Upon your arrival to the Istanbul International Airport you will be transferred to your hotel. End of our services.rnrn Minimum required time for this Ephesus tour is 3 day.rn Terrace Houses is optional place to visit of 15 $US extra per person.